Thursday, August 05, 2010

IFLA papers:

This is another batch of papers online for the World Library and Information Conference (or IFLA conference) which takes place 10-15 August.
- Maija Berendtson (Helsinki City Library, Helsinki, Finland) Libraries promoting multimodal literacy in an intercultural society
http://www.ifla.org/files/hq/papers/ifla76/133-berndtson-en.pdf

- There is a session on parliamentary libraries and their role with the public, for example:
Abdolreza Noroozi Chakoli (Shahed University, Tehran, Iran) et al. The role of parliamentary libraries in increasing citizens' access to knowledge and its barriers in the developing countries
http://www.ifla.org/files/hq/papers/ifla76/141-chakoli-en.pdf

There are obviously lots more papers on a huge variety of library and information subjects, so it is well work browsing through the conference programme: as I said before, most of the papers are already online (and they are papers, not powerpoints). Four academics from my Department (including me) are speaking at the main conference (see this post for more information) and I will be talking more about the events I am involved in, in my next post. I will also be blogging the conference as will these people.

No comments: