Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Search and write

I have just travelled to Finland for the Creating Knowledge V conference, where I will be presenting 2 papers, and I intend to blog some of the experience. Being in a Nordic country it's a good time to promote a nice resource Search and write, or in the original Norwegian Søk & Skriv (the resource is in both languages). There is a basic information literacy tutorial and one more focused on the dissertation process - the latter has a week by week account of the progress of the student, Oda, as she refines her research question and gets to grips with the literature. I like that it says that "Both searching for information and writing are creative processes and the search for information is an integral part of thesis writing." http://www.sokogskriv.no/english/index.html
Photo by Sheila Webber: my washing enjoys the breeze, Port Julia, Australia, July 2008.

No comments: